There is a full program of exciting events, activities and concerts at this popular venue from Saturday 28th May to Sunday 5th June.
The program is designed for families and children of all ages and includes a fun day with a royal theme to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee, a car rally and a craft fair!
Events and activities include:
○ Saturday May 28: Rusticus meeting: Barmy Butterfly from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: outdoors: a new butterfly has just taken its wings!
Zoo activity: Meet the Hoof Stock: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: meeting with donkeys, llamas and goats
○ Sunday, May 29: Wildcats: Seaworld Shenanigans 11am-3pm: Craft driftwood creatures, sand patterns and seashell art scenes.
Concert Orangerie – the Hunmanby Silver Band at 2 p.m.
Zoo activity: Penguin hat and talk workshop from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: discovery of Humboldt penguins, and making a penguin hat
○ Monday, May 30: Meeting Rusticus: Forest Fairy from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: a walk in the forest to meet the Forest Fairy and experience magical adventures
○ Tuesday, May 31: Rusticus Woodland Creatures Theatre: Robin Hood from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: an interactive show with music, rescues and a tournament!
○ Wednesday, June 1: Magic and Face Painting shows between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
○ Thursday 2 June (public holiday): Concert at the Orangerie at 2 p.m. with classical pianist Helen Drewery.
Rusticus Adventure: Happy Monarchs! 11.30am-3pm: Celebrate the Jubilee of the Patinum by meeting an array of “special” royal figures – outdoor event
○ Friday, June 3 (public holiday): Wildcats: Owl Dreamcatchers from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.: make animal decorations for your room
Zoo activity: Orange Fat Ball Feeders from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: make a fat ball to take home, with the seeds of your choice
○ Saturday, June 4: Rusticus Encounter: Bashful Bat! 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.: crazy outdoor activities, including bubbles, games and a bat rap!
Zoo activity: Meeting with the Hoof Stock from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
○ Sunday, June 5: Craft fair: unique crafts, souvenirs and accessories: at the Orangerie from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wildcats: Creature Comforts from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – create a minibeast abode, hedgehog hideaway, or fairy door
East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club Spring Gathering 11am-4pm: Many historic and classic vehicles on display, and a chance to meet their owners
Zoo activity: Orange Fat Ball feeders from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Councilor Mike Medini, Portfolio Holder of Culture and Leisure Assets, said: “It’s a great program for the mid-term break, with something for everyone, even reflecting the Platinum Jubilee!
“All of these events and activities will provide a fantastic backdrop for a visit to the wonderful Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit.”
For details of all events, activities, the zoo, Clock Tower Café, opening times and entry prices, visit the website www.sewerbyhall.co.uk.